According to the microfilm #2141017; San Ponza Semola, Pavia, Italy for Giovanni Antonio Martignone, there are two different mothers for his children. I don't know if there are dates of marriages for his wife Luigia Sinelli or Maria Rosa Ermelinda Sinelli and who are sisters and daughters of Pietro Sinelli according to the birth records.
Children of Giovanni Martignoni and Luigia Sinelli are:
1. Maria Rose Emila Martignoni b. 07 Feb 1891 in San Ponzo Semola (Pavia) - 1891 Birth Record #1; Maria Rosa Emila Martignoni, born 7 Feb. 1891, she is the daughter of Giovanni Martignoni, who is 27, a shoemaker, and the son of Felice Martignone. Mother of Maria Rosa Emila Martignoni is Luigia Sinelli, daughter of Pietro Sinelli.
2. Amalia Maria Teresa Martignoni b. 27 May 1893 in San Ponzo Semola (Pavia) - 1893 Birth Record; Record #6 - Amaila Maria Teresa Martignoni, born 27, May 1893, daughter of Giovanni the shoemaker age 30 (b. abt 1863) who is the son of Felice Martignoni. Mother of Amailia is listed as Luiga Sinelli age 26 (b. abt. 1867) who is the daughter of Pietro Sinelli. 1910 Marriage Banns; Record #2; Oct. 31, 1910 marriage of Emilio Eugenio Schievi and Amallia Maria Teresa Martignoni. Emilio Schievi is the son of Giuseppi Schievi and Maria Raviolli. Amalia Martignone is the daughter of Giovanni Martignone who was born abt 1863-64 and is a shoemaker and mother is Luigia Sinelli.
3. Angelo Felice Martignoni b. 02 Aug 1902 in San Ponzo Semola (Pavia) - 1902 birth record; Angelo Felice Martignone, born Aug. 2, 1902, son of Giovanni Martignone and a shoemaker by occupation and who's father is Felice Martignone. Angelo Felice Martignone's mother is Luigia Sinelli who is 30 years old (b. abt 1872)
Same person as above: Giovanni Antonio Martignoni b. Bet. 1863-1865, son of Felice Martignone, occupation: shoemaker and Maria Rosa Ermelinda Sinelli, daughter of Pietro Sinelli have the following children:
1. Alessandra Felice Ponzo Martignoni born 25 Mar 1888, San Ponzo Semola (Pavia) - Recorded on 22 June 1908 under birth records it states that Alessandro Felice Ponzo Martignoni, born March 25, 1888 is the son of Giovanni Antonio Martignone who is 32 and is a shoemaker, his father is Felice Martignone and the corrected birth record has Maria Rosa Ermelinda instead of Luigia Sinelli.
2. Antonio Felice Ponzo Martignoni born 06 Sep 1896, San Ponzo Semola (Pavia) - 1896 Birth Record # 4; Antonio Felice Ponzo Martignoni, son of Giovanni Antonio Martignone who is 32 and is a shoemaker, his father is Felice Martignone and the corrected birth record has Maria Rosa Ermelinda instead of Luigia Sinelli.
3. Elena Martignoni, born 28 Dec 1908, San Ponzo Semola (Pavia) - 1908 Birth Record; Elena Martignoni, born Dec. 28, 1908, daughter of Giovanni Antonio Martignone and Maria Rosa Sinelli. Giovanni Antonio Martignone is age 45 (b. abt. 1868 and is the son of Felice Martignone. Maria Rosa Sinelli is 40 years old and is the daughter of Pietro Sinelli.
Birth record written 22 Jun 1908 in San Ponzo Semola - Alessandra Felice Ponzo Martignoni:On this day, Mayor Antonio Martignone (The Mayor of the town of San Ponzo Semola, Pavia was Antonio Martignone) received from the Tribunale Civile and Voghera authority a copy of a sentence by Tribunale for a correction for the birth record of Alessandro Felice Ponzo Martignoni who was born 25 March 1888 and for Antonio Felice Ponzo Martignoni who was born 06 Sept 1896. Father is Giovanni Antonio Martignoni and original record showed mother written Luigia Sinelli,but should have been Maria Rosa Ermelinda Sinelli.
It is a possibility that Giovanni Martignoni the shoemaker from San Ponzo Semola, (PV), Italy is also the brother to Felice Martignone who was born 03 March 1865 and lived in Musigliano, San Sebastiano Curone (AL), Piemonte, Italy, then migrated to America in 1896 and is first living in Ann Arbor, Michigan, then afterwards living in Three Rivers, Michigan. There are also Sinelli families living in Ann Arbor, Michigan at this time and one being the wife of Alexander Ratti, Louisa Rosa Sinelli. These families all tie together through many generations.
On 21 Apr 1897 Giovanni Martignoni age 34 (b. abt. 1863), shoemaker, is traveling with Francesco Sinelli age 37 (b. abt. 1860), both are going to New York on the ship named Fulda.
|1897 Ship Manifest|
|1899 Ann Arbor, Michigan City Directory|
1900: Ann Arbor, MI city directory shows a Giovanni Martignone has returned to Italy.
|1900 Ann Arbor, Michigan City Directory|
After Giovanni Martignoni returns home, he is not listed on any other recorded documents as being in America.
I was however, able to connect with a gentleman currently living in San Ponzo Semola (now Ponte Nizza) who obtained a picture of the tombstone for Giovanni Martignoni and Luisa Martignoni Sinelli from the San Ponzo Semola Cemetery.
Source Citation: Family Search Microfilm #2141017 - Pavia, San Ponza Semola, Italy, Nati, pubblicazioni, matrimoni, morti 1866-1928 -- Indici decennali di nascita 1866-1875, 1896-1915, 1886-1895, di matrimone 1866-1915, di morte 1866-1915
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 - Year: 1897; Microfilm Serial: M237; Microfilm Roll: M237_673; Line: 29; ; Page Number: D4.